Sometimes the best questions are asked BEFORE a tenant moves in, often they can raise a red flag. Here are a few that should make you smile.
- Can I pay rent with food stamps (Nope, not a grocery store!)
- I’m not allowed within 1000 feet of a school…. Are there any around here? (Said after the tenant had stated that they did not have any type of criminal record)
- What is your average eviction time for non-payment?
- Do you allow chickens? (On a 3rd story apartment in a multi-unit complex)
- I know the rent was listed at $900/month, but I can’t afford that…. Can you lower it to $500/month? (Um, no!)
And last but not least, more of a statement than a question:
- This rent is a little high, I guess it’s not a big deal I was planning on using airbnb to rent out the extra room anyways!