VISION REAL ESTATE RENTAL CRITERIA
The following are standards that will be used to judge your application for tenancy. You must meet the following standards to qualify for a rental with Vision Real Estate. All persons 18 years of age or over, who will reside in the premises, must complete an application, pay the application fee ($35/ea.) and must be signers on the lease. If a co-signer is required, all co-signers must complete a credit check and verification of funds/income by filling out an application and paying the application fee ($35/ea.). This application fee is non-refundable, regardless of acceptance.
Applications are judged on the same standards and abide by all fair housing laws. We run applications in order, one person or family at a time. If we are unable to verify the information on the application in a timely manner, your application may be denied.
Individual property criteria may vary. Contact leasing agent for details. Deposit is one month’s rent OAC.
- Although applicants will be asked to disclose any prior arrests, convictions or pending criminal actions of all anticipated occupants, this information will not be reviewed until after the applicant has had it credit and references checked and approved. A criminal background check will be conducted. Failure to disclose criminal information as requested is grounds for denial. Arrests will not, in themselves, be grounds for denial but may be factors used along with other criteria. Pending criminal actions may be grounds for denial but will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Convictions of any sort will be evaluated on an individualized basis. Persons who are listed on any sex offender list will not be considered. Persons who have a criminal conviction relating to manufacture or distribution of controlled substances will generally be denied. In review of criminal history, management will consider the nature and severity of the crime, along with how much time has passed since the criminal activity and/or the release from any imprisonment, parole, or probation. it is unlikely that the following persons will be accepted: persons convicted of other drug related offenses who have not provided evidence of completed drug rehabilitation; persons who have convictions relating to serious crimes involving violence, gang activity, arson, and injury to persons. Also persons who have been recently released from prison, parole, or probation may be required to provide additional information and references. Applicants may provide mitigating information. Applicants denied due to criminal history may appeal that decision by providing such appeal in writing along with any information that applicant desires to provide.
- We will contact your current and previous landlord. If we are unable to contact previous landlords, that is grounds for denial.
- You may have no more than three late payments in a 12 month period or more than 1 bounced check in a 12 month period.
- Prior eviction filed or completed within 5 years is grounds for automatic denial.
- At least one (or more) of the applicants must have a 580+ credit score.
- Applications will be denied for bankruptcy discharged within the last six months.
- If you have filed for bankruptcy in the last 18 months that has not been discharged the application will be automatically denied.
- All accounts must be current and all collections must be paid in full with the exception of medical costs and student loan debts.
- The rent cannot exceed 40% of the total of all income of the applicants for the lease.
- You must be able to provide most recent pay stub, bank statement, letter from housing, SSI award letter, or tax returns to verify income.
- We will call your employer to verify employment. If we are unable to contact your employer to verify, it is grounds for denial.
- Unless otherwise stated in the listing, ALL properties managed by Vision Real Estate are non-smoking properties. Smoking of any form, including vaping, is not allowed and is cause for application denial.
- Upon approval of your applications, a deposit of at least one month’s rent will be required.
- If your application is denied due to failure in credit, you may still be rented to with the payment of a double deposit.
- If you do not have a rental history, you may still be rented with a cosigner, double the deposit, or prepaid rent.
- If we are unable to verify your income but you have clean credit. You may still be rented to with the requirement of a cosigner or double deposit.
- Unless otherwise stated, all properties managed my Vision Real Estate require tenants to obtain and hold renters insurance for the duration of residency. Tenants agree that any lapse of renters insurance coverage will result in automatic enrollment in a property damage liability program at their expense.